Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Buckle Up!

Good evening, all. Thank you so much for taking time to stop by this new venture of mine, my first blog. I've been considering starting this for some time, and finally decided to "bite the bullet" after some careful introspection on my life as well as some kind advice from some dear friends of mine. I have come to a point in my life, at the grand and ripe old age of 23 years old, to begin to take a look back at the road I've been on, the curves, the intersections, the passer-bys I've met on the way, and take what I've learned and apply it to the road I have yet to travel. The road beyond the next bend. The road that continues over the horizon.

I think/hope this blog is going to be somewhat spiritually and mentally therapeutic as a way to be able to deal with life's emotions. Personally, I know I'm introverted, and along with that, do not tend to deal with emotion in an outward manner. So, I hope that this avenue will help channel whatever those emotions I may be feeling at the time into a constructive resource for myself, and heck, maybe for you as well, reader. Maybe open up a whole other side of yourself that you didn't know. The possibilities are endless! (To borrow a phrase from Kevin Garnett: "ANNNYYTTHIIINNGGG ISS PPPOSSSIIIBBBLLLEEE!!!" That's exactly how it should be read.)

Also, I hope this can be a creative avenue for myself. Previously, when I needed to channel emotion, I wrote song lyrics. Music has always been an emotional source for me and helps me connect to others (-cough cough- mixtapes -cough cough-) but more importantly on a spiritual level between myself and God. If I had to choose a DREAM profession, one where if given the opportunity to do immediately, it would be that of a musical artist. Guess you weren't expecting that? (See! Learning new things about me already!) Therefore, I would like to incorporate some of the lyrics I write (when the notion hits) so 1) I get them off my chest and 2) for feedback on how one likes it.

Lastly, I would like to document some of my lifes adventures (and misadventures) along the way. Once again, it's a long and winding road this thing called life. It helps to chronicle the mistakes I've made and the lessons learned as well as celebrate the little joys that life doles out on a daily basis.

So, I guess that explains why I feel like I need to and want to do this. Life is a complex intermingling of experiences and people. And, I think it would be cool to take a few people along on the ride. The journey is always more enjoyable when you have people you love coming along with you on the ride. So sit back, crank up the iPod, and enjoy the words that hopefully will provide the case for Casey. The defense has only begun. :)

God bless and good night!!!

1 comment: